Other pages within this sector:
CIS Services and Contructors
Typically we deal with:
- Construction projects from initiation to development to final appraisals. – so whatever stage you are in your project we can shape our services around your needs and work in conjunction with legal, structural and general commercial services which is invaluable when managing a complex project.
- Property management services – typically we work with all commercial and residential property moulding our products to fit the profile of the ownership and management.
This make us best placed to understand all structures of your accounting needs and with a personal and professional touch. What set us apart as a rare breed is our ambition to constantly monitor our service to you and get involved as a key player in your business.
The Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) sets out special rules for tax and national insurance (NI) for those working in the construction industry. Businesses in the construction industry are known as ‘contractors’ and ‘subcontractors’. They may be companies, partnerships or self-employed individuals.
The CIS applies to construction work and also jobs such as alterations, repairs, decorating and demolition.
Contractors include construction companies and building firms and also government departments and local authorities. Any other business spending more than £1 million a year on construction is classed as a contractor for the purposes of the CIS.
Subcontractors are those businesses that carry out work for contractors.
Many businesses act as both contractors and subcontractors
Contractors have to make a monthly return to HMRC:
- confirming that the employment status of subcontractors has been considered
- confirming that the verification process has been correctly dealt with
- detailing payments made to all subcontractors and
- detailing any deductions of tax made from those payments
Services we provide for contractors:
- Register you with HMRC as a contractor
- Verify your subcontractors with HMRC
- Ensure you pay your subcontractors correctly within the scheme
- Supply deduction statements to the subcontractors
- Keep your records in good order and supply HMRC with monthly returns
For example we can look at the way clients handled their contractors, including a number of people operating a self-employed set up. We help them to reassess their relationships with contractors and establish a more diligent and compliant solution, without it becoming a taxation headache.
Our motto is our objective “Achieving Service Perfection”
Contact Us Now for a professional and friendly informal chat and to speak to enthusiastic accounting professionals.
Choose the right accounting firm for you
Running your own business can be challenging so why not let PAS Accountants manage your tax, accounting, bookkeeping and payroll needs? If you are not receiving the service you deserve from your accountant, then perhaps it’s time to make the switch?
Cloud accounting software to run your business.
Everything you need to manage your finances is now in your pocket with our range of mobile apps. We can help you save time on paperwork with our quick and simple to use software solutions.